Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I obtain weather data for a specific location and or time?
Your state climatologist is likely the best local expertise on available weather data for your location of interest. If your state climatologist is not available, contact your regional climate center. Please see visit the Data Tools page which is an effort to create a comprehensive list of a data tools offered by AASC members for public use.
- How do I contact the Climatologist for my area?
Select the State Program, or Regional Climate Program under Members. There you will find information about the Climatology Office for your area as well as an email link for the Climatologist.
- I have a general Weather/Climate related question. Where can I find an answer to it?
This site is geared towards bringing Climatology experts together to enhance their combined efforts. If your question is general, it may best be directed towards teaching and learning institutions, such as your local Library, College, or University. These groups have a wealth of such information. If your question is highly specific, or related to a particular region, you may want to contact the Climatologist for the region in question.
- How do I go about paying AASC membership dues?
You will find instructions and a tool for doing so online on our registration page.
- I have a question that is not answered in this FAQ. Who should I contact?
Please see our Executive Committee page.